- Word with no meaning, used to fill out a sentence
- Oath or swear word, of profane nature
- Choice word Gladys (or other adults) used in conjunction with her three boys
Two months ago was an anniversary of sorts. It marked an era that began 80 years ago in Lansing, Michigan, when, on November 3, 1931, the first of three Amos boys was born. The city has never been the same since.
The Amos Boys—Duane, Bruce and Jerry—were born in the 1930s, a time when economic depression commonly forced families to do uncommon things in order to survive. Since then, the world has created history in ways no one could imagine. The Amos Boys have created their history too.
Think of the stories they have to tell — a few hard times, lots of fun times, and all of them meaningful times. And typical to these three guys, they tell them with a laugh and a very special bond.
So that’s what we’re going to do with this blog. Together, with Duane, Bruce and Jerry, we’re going to hear their stories and share a good laugh. While we’re at it, we can all get to know one another—we, who are their children, their grandchildren and even their great-grandchildren.
This is gonna be so cool!
Here’s what you should do:
- Scroll all the way to the end of this post and click on the Reply link
- Leave a comment. Tell us who you are and how you’re connected to Duane, Bruce or Jerry (make sure you click “Post Comment” when you’ve finished your comment).
- Subscribe to this blog and enjoy what we hope will be weekly posts.
- Share this blog address with your friends and family, and invite them to join in!